Really Short Notes from a Wine Tasting Weekend in Istria
- I’m off to Istria with the Brava Wine Company, run by the lovely April. She’s a smart cookie; she has made drinking wine a career. I’m paying attention.
- Istria is gorgeous. All the delicious wine they make here is just the boozy icing on the cake.
- Making good wine is about a combination of things – passion, dedicated effort, luck, weather. Drinking good wine is just common sense.
- At some point it comes down to taking note or drinking more wine; more wine always wins.
- April pulls out notes of dried plum. Someone else on the table tastes violets. I stick with what I know – “oh yum!”
- Each time I pour out the wine, my glass get refilled. This is by far my most favourite magic trick.
- Mixing wines is actually a fantastic idea.
- Wine tasting = no hangover. Eureka!
- When you come back with more alcohol than clothes in your bag, you know you’ve done something right.